Transadvocate Reports: In development
I’m Just an Angry Transsexual Activist Mafioso
August 23, 2007
Christ Commands You To Get Your Ass Kicked!
August 29, 2007

Transadvocate Reports: In development

I’m working on bringing the podcast you hear at times, Transadvocate Reports, into a live show. I NEED YOUR HELP! I’m trying to decide which intro and outro music is the best. Please listen to this audio and put in the comments your 3 favorite tracks, and why.

Remember that this isn’t going to be a comedy, but a show that centers on transadvocacy. The target audience is YOU!!!

Thanks for your help.

Marti Abernathey
Marti Abernathey
Marti Abernathey is the founder of the Transadvocate and the previous managing editor. Abernathey has worn many different hats, including that of podcaster, activist, and radiologic technologist. She's been a part of various internet radio ventures such as TSR Live!, The T-Party, and The Radical Trannies, TransFM, and Sodium Pentathol Sunday. As an advocate she's previously been involved with the Indiana Transgender Rights Advocacy Alliance, Rock Indiana Campaign for Equality, and the National Transgender Advocacy Coalition. She's taken vital roles as a grass roots community organizer in The Indianapolis Tax Day Protest (2003), The Indy Pride HRC Protest (2004), Transgender Day of Remembrance (2004), Indiana's Witch Hunt (2005), and the Rally At The Statehouse (the largest ever GLBT protest in Indiana - 3/2005). In 2008 she was a delegate from Indiana to the Democratic National Convention and a member of Barack Obama's LGBT Steering and Policy Committee.

12 Comments

1. Felix says:

I’ll go for number 6, too!
    I don’t feel there’s much to choose between the others – 1 is too “rock and roll”, I find the “voices” on 7 distracting and the others just didn’t made an impact, really.

2. Felix says:

I’ll go for number 6, too!

3. queen emily says:

I like number 3 the best too, melodic and uplifting without being cheesy. Followed by number 6 actually, which has a lot of energy. The rest didn’t really do it for me.

4. queen emily says:

5. nexy says:

like veronica, i’m not especially fond of any of them, but if i had to choose:
    1 and 2 are way too dissonant for my taste.
    3 is the best. it features a nice contrast between the intro synth bell-like sound and the bass line.
    4 is just ok.
    5 is ok as well.
    6 is way too shrill. it gave me a headache.
    7 has a nice intro, and i like the pink-floyd type voices just under the music. but then it gets too loud and noisy.

if i have to pick three of them, i’ll go with 3, 5, and 4, in that order.

6. nexy says:

like veronica, i’m not especially fond of any of them, but if i had to choose:
    1 and 2 are way too dissonant for my taste.
    4 is just ok.
    5 is ok as well.
    6 is way too shrill. it gave me a headache.

if i have to pick three of them, i’ll go with 3, 5, and 4, in that order.

7. Veronica says:

Marti, I’m not especially fond of any of them… because none of them seem to have a memorable melodic element. Example: Daily Show & Colbert both have themes that I can take away from the experience and hum later.

#7: Interesting, but needs to get where it’s going faster. Guitar’s too heavy in the mix…

#6: This is my favorite of the bunch. I like the openness of the intro, and think it would make for a good voice-over show intro.

#5: The 4 vs. 5 change in meter is ignored by the drum track, which only makes it more obvious that the drums aren’t played by humans.

#4: Is this the karaoke track for The Fixx’ “Stand or Fall?”

#3: Sounds like a great intro for a public-access TV show.

#2: Not melodic enough. Best to have something that leaves an ear-bug.

#1: Surf guitar… uh… no.

8. Veronica says:

#4: Is this the karaoke track for The Fixx’ “Stand or Fall?”

#3: Sounds like a great intro for a public-access TV show.

#2: Not melodic enough. Best to have something that leaves an ear-bug.

#1: Surf guitar… uh… no.

9. MilaPunk says:

#7 sounds good, and I like the voices the ending is a little abrasive with the guitar distortion.

#6 … hmmm not liking it too much.

I like #5 as an intro, ending is a little strange again.

#4 sounds good, – but gets a little strange at the end. sounds very anime.

#3 is way too video game / 80’s

#2 is a little better – I think I like this one best for an intro.

#1 I’m not really into this one.

10. MilaPunk says:

#6 … hmmm not liking it too much.

I like #5 as an intro, ending is a little strange again.

#4 sounds good, – but gets a little strange at the end. sounds very anime.

#3 is way too video game / 80’s

#2 is a little better – I think I like this one best for an intro.

#1 I’m not really into this one.

11. Oliver/Danni says:

The only ones I like are #1 or maaaaaybe #5 for the intro, and #6 for the outro.

12. Oliver/Danni says: