I’m Just an Angry Transsexual Activist Mafioso
August 23, 2007
Christ Commands You To Get Your Ass Kicked!
August 29, 2007

Transadvocate Reports: In development

I’m working on bringing the podcast you hear at times, Transadvocate Reports, into a live show. I NEED YOUR HELP! I’m trying to decide which intro and outro music is the best. Please listen to this audio and put in the comments your 3 favorite tracks, and why.

Remember that this isn’t going to be a comedy, but a show that centers on transadvocacy. The target audience is YOU!!!

Thanks for your help.

12 Comments

1. Felix says:

I’ll go for number 6, too!
    I don’t feel there’s much to choose between the others – 1 is too “rock and roll”, I find the “voices” on 7 distracting and the others just didn’t made an impact, really.

2. Felix says:

I’ll go for number 6, too!

3. queen emily says:

I like number 3 the best too, melodic and uplifting without being cheesy. Followed by number 6 actually, which has a lot of energy. The rest didn’t really do it for me.

4. queen emily says:

5. nexy says:

like veronica, i’m not especially fond of any of them, but if i had to choose:
    1 and 2 are way too dissonant for my taste.
    3 is the best. it features a nice contrast between the intro synth bell-like sound and the bass line.
    4 is just ok.
    5 is ok as well.
    6 is way too shrill. it gave me a headache.
    7 has a nice intro, and i like the pink-floyd type voices just under the music. but then it gets too loud and noisy.

if i have to pick three of them, i’ll go with 3, 5, and 4, in that order.

6. nexy says:

like veronica, i’m not especially fond of any of them, but if i had to choose:
    1 and 2 are way too dissonant for my taste.
    4 is just ok.
    5 is ok as well.
    6 is way too shrill. it gave me a headache.

if i have to pick three of them, i’ll go with 3, 5, and 4, in that order.

7. Veronica says:

Marti, I’m not especially fond of any of them… because none of them seem to have a memorable melodic element. Example: Daily Show & Colbert both have themes that I can take away from the experience and hum later.

#7: Interesting, but needs to get where it’s going faster. Guitar’s too heavy in the mix…

#6: This is my favorite of the bunch. I like the openness of the intro, and think it would make for a good voice-over show intro.

#5: The 4 vs. 5 change in meter is ignored by the drum track, which only makes it more obvious that the drums aren’t played by humans.

#4: Is this the karaoke track for The Fixx’ “Stand or Fall?”

#3: Sounds like a great intro for a public-access TV show.

#2: Not melodic enough. Best to have something that leaves an ear-bug.

#1: Surf guitar… uh… no.

8. Veronica says:

#4: Is this the karaoke track for The Fixx’ “Stand or Fall?”

#3: Sounds like a great intro for a public-access TV show.

#2: Not melodic enough. Best to have something that leaves an ear-bug.

#1: Surf guitar… uh… no.

9. MilaPunk says:

#7 sounds good, and I like the voices the ending is a little abrasive with the guitar distortion.

#6 … hmmm not liking it too much.

I like #5 as an intro, ending is a little strange again.

#4 sounds good, – but gets a little strange at the end. sounds very anime.

#3 is way too video game / 80’s

#2 is a little better – I think I like this one best for an intro.

#1 I’m not really into this one.

10. MilaPunk says:

#6 … hmmm not liking it too much.

I like #5 as an intro, ending is a little strange again.

#4 sounds good, – but gets a little strange at the end. sounds very anime.

#3 is way too video game / 80’s

#2 is a little better – I think I like this one best for an intro.

#1 I’m not really into this one.

11. Oliver/Danni says:

The only ones I like are #1 or maaaaaybe #5 for the intro, and #6 for the outro.

12. Oliver/Danni says: