On The Rebecca Juro Show: HBS
January 31, 2008
Can You Ever Leave Behind the Evil Twin?
February 6, 2008

Please Give Me Feedback

Those of you that have commented on this site before… do the threaded comments drive you crazy? I’m thinking about unthreading Transadvocate comments. Your thoughts? Please vote in the poll in the left sidebar.

41 Comments

1. Jayna says:

it doesn’t bother me as is but playing with the format can potentially be good

2. Jayna says:

it doesn’t bother me as is but playing with the format can potentially be good

3. Felix says:

I meant “Recent Comments” – doh. I can see them now, the next morning – weird.

4. Felix says:

I meant “Recent Comments” – doh. I can see them now, the next morning – weird.

5. Felix says:

I see we have 81 posts in the HBS topic but I can only find 72 when I click on the “latest posts” thingy on the right. 🙁 One of them has my name in it, too!!

6. Felix says:

7. Monica Helms says:

So Marti. Are you ever going to reveal your stage name when you were younger? If I’m not mistaken, you were a rock star called Hanna Indiana. (grin)

8. Monica Helms says:

9. I generally prefer threaded comments, but then again I don’t like the way your current page format threads the comments.

Because of that, I’d vote for chronological here.

10. I generally prefer threaded comments, but then again I don’t like the way your current page format threads the comments.

Because of that, I’d vote for chronological here.

11. Stellewriter says:

It is a matter of either responding directly to the Blog content, or the responses to the content. Niether works very well if the intent is to drive open discussion. Are there other options, or moderation possibilities?

12. Curtis E. Hinkle says:

I prefer individual comments in chronological order.

13. Curtis E. Hinkle says:

I prefer individual comments in chronological order.

14. BEAR A-M Rodgers says:

I also like chronological order. It is a mindset thing (like taking witness statements). For me, improving the quote option is my concern. If one is not familiar with code, or they are using certain ISPs, then they cannot do the quote blocks. There other times even hitting the right buttons will not allow me to see the current responses, just the last one I read or posted, unless I dump my cache every time or direct link from my email notices.

15. BEAR A-M Rodgers says:

16. nexy says:

do the threaded comments drive you crazy?

i prefer the comments to be listed in chronological order. if someone wants to respond to a specific comment or idea, then they can quote it using block quotes.

17. nexy says:

do the threaded comments drive you crazy?

18. Kara Harkins says:

Actually, that BB is using freeware. 🙂 Either way though, a common convention in posts in many places is to start them with @name in order to at least say who you are responding to and that is just a convention people use in their posts. In some cases I have seen people use @post-number too where comments are numbered.

19. Sue says:

You have to understand this is Freeware and the options are limited.

Sue

20. Sue says:

I have to agree.

Sue

21. Sue says:

I have to agree.

Sue

22. Kara Harkins says:

On one BB I use they allow for either option … that way individual users can decide what option they like. If it is one-or-the-other though, I prefer unthreaded so I can find new comments without having to jump around. Maybe number the comments so people can still reply to a specific one if they want?

23. Kara Harkins says:

24. Felix says:

You’ve ALL started threading again!!!

25. Felix says:

You’ve ALL started threading again!!!

26. leigh says:

seems to bring up the “yes” count too !!! lol

27. Marti Abernathey says:

*snort*

Your humor gives me hope.

28. leigh says:

I prefer threaded, but then so do all “real” transsexuals… only transgender types prefer to disjoin conversation 😉

29. leigh says:

30. Marti Abernathey says:

yes, that’s exactly what it means.

31. Monica Helms says:

Or, like on Pam’s House Blend, an indication of which posts are new in a bright red.

32. Monica Helms says:

33. Felix says:

Hmmm . . . does “threaded” mean the way readers can comment under individual posts? The way this jumps about rather than stuff appearing in simple chronological order was a bit difficult to follow at first. I’m used to it now, though and use the “Recent Comments” sidebar to catch up. 🙂

34. Felix says: