Today we have as a guest podcaster, Ali Lozano, Outreach Director for Laura Moser running for Congress in the 7th district!
Ali Lozano is a community activist with a strong passion for civic engagement. Since moving to Houston in 2013, she has been named a Rising Star by the League of Women Voters and was on OutSmart Magazine’s list of Top LGBTQ Women Leaders. Ali is a former staffer of the Victory Fund and Texas Freedom Network and has served on the Board of Trustees for the Houston GLBT Political Caucus. She is an alumni of the George Washington University (2012) and the Women’s Campaign School at Yale (2015). Ali will be finishing her first year of graduate school at the University of Houston’s Graduate College of Social Work this Spring where she is among the first class of scholarship recipients from the UH LGBT Alumni Association. Currently, she also serves as the Outreach Director for Laura Moser running for Congress in the 7th district.
Narration by: Tianna Hanson (TA Q&A)
Production and Sound Design: Cristan Williams
- Texas Primaries: Early voting begins on 2/20/18 with the primary happening 3/6/18; run-offs are on 5/22/18 with a registration deadline of 4/23/18.
- Register to Vote in the US
- Trump’s Wife Beaters: This week, the White House was defined by news about the Trump administration’s harboring wife beaters and what that means in light of “[a]t least 16 women accused the president of sexually harassing them throughout the course of the campaign.” According to CBS News, “[l]ast week, during a press conference in the Rose Garden, the president called these accusations ‘fake news.’
- Walgreens: Jessie Meehan helped implement a companywide policy which allows customers to use the bathroom that corresponds to their gender policy. Meehan, a cisgender woman, took on the task after she was told she could not use the female bathroom at the Walgreens on Sunset Boulevard. Of course, the right wing is losing its mind over it.
We can help!
- Are you a trans, intersex, or genderqueer victim of a natural disaster? Get direct assistance here: Trans Disaster Relief Fund
- Are you trans, intersex, or genderqueer and are going to college or trade school? Get a scholarship here: Trans Scholarship Fund
- Are you trying to organize a non-profit trans organization, group, or effort and need server space, help to get your 501c3 status or need fiscal sponsorship? Contact us here.
- Do you need help fundraising for your Resistance effort?
- Are you a trans, intersex, genderqueer, or an ally and want to get paid to write your analysis or you need help/journalist credentials for your investigative news piece, contact us or submit your piece here.
You can help!
- Support the TransAdvocate at our Patreon
- Support the Trans Disaster Relief Fund
- Volunteer with the Trans Disaster Relief Fund, Trans Unity Banquet, Trans Archive, or Pride Celebrations
- Submit your article for publication on the TransAdvocate
- Support our Queer Voices Fund
- Support our Trans Archive Acquisition Fund
You too can submit articles for publication here.