The inaugural BlaqOUT Conference will be held April 18-19 on the UC Riverside campus!
The University of California, Riverside cordially invites all folks who self identify as Black/African American or of African descent and as Same Gender Loving, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning or somewhere on the LGBT spectrum to apply to attend.
So what does it cost to attend BlaqOUT?
- The Regular Registration Fee is $20 per person selected to attend and a t-shirt is included.
- The Reduced Registration Fee is $10 per person selected to attend, NO t-shirt.
- Some scholarships will be available for those unable to afford reduced registration.
- Information on paying registration fees will be sent via email to those people selected to attend BlaqOUT.
- For those receiving support from their campus (student government or departments), an invoice and W-9 form will be provided upon request.
The deadline to submit proposals for this inaugural conference was extended until March 9, so for those of you on the Left Coast or interested in attending this event or presenting at it, you have a little more time to do so. Notifications of accepted proposals will occur by March 14.
The deadline to submit the online application to attend the event is April 1 with registration payment due by April 4.
Will keep you posted as the date draws closer for this inagural event.
Tip this TransAdvocate!Writers for the TransAdvocate work hard to bring you news and commentary. If you found this article meaningful, let the author know that you appreciate the work they do with a tip!